Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why do we run to our End?

Once upon a time there was this man named Anu, who was the head man in the Emperor's Kingdom.
One day Anu was walking through the marketplace to find items for his master's kingdom. As he walked he looked across the way and spotted Death. Death looked at him with a surprised look as if he wanted to take him.
Anu turned and ran back to the Kingdom as fast he could. He rushed into the Master's hall and shouted "Master! May I have a word with you?".
At this the Master looked at him and was moved. He'd never seen Anu with such a look before. The Master said "Yes, please Anu, what is on your mind?".
Anu spoke "Master, as I walked through the marketplace today, I saw Death. He looked at me as if he wanted to take my life. Oh Master please, I don't want to die.
Would you please grant me the use of one of your horses so that I may ride far away to Symaria.
If I ride all day and all night, by tomarrow night at nidnight I'll be there and Death can't take me.".
The Master thought about it and then spoke, "Well Anu, you have been a faithful servent and one full of wisdom. You have been with me for many years and I would hate to see you go. However, if you feel this is what you want then you may go.".
The Master had the greatest horses in the land. These horses could run all day and all night.
Anu took the best horse and left and would be in Symaria by midnight tomarrow night. The Master felt bad about Anu and decided to go and see what he could find out. As he walked through the marketplace he spotted Death. Now the Master was a man who had no fear of anything and did not fear death. He walked over to Death and spoke "Hello Death, when my servent was here today he said you looked at him as if you wanted to take his life. Why?".
Death replied " Oh no, I looked at him with surprised. I was supposed to take his life tomarrow night in Symaria at midnight. But he is here I can't take his life tomarrow night in Symaria at midnight. But if he's here I can't take his life when I get there.".

By John L Norris

No comments:

Post a Comment